October 12, 2009

You Have It In You!

Ok, with thoughts of ups and downs crowding my head (Oh, don't get me wrong here you naughty minds... When I say UPS and DOWNS, I mean mood swings), all of you surely need to bear with me! :P


I really am thinking about what all are the things that lift my spirit when I feel low... when I feel that my life has been ONE BIG DISASTER or may be when I feel that every other person in my life has tested his Penicillin on me! :P
Each one of us have our own set of things that can get us in our best of spirits after a dark phase, isn't it? So, what is it that you do when you are not feeling good? When it comes to me, I act really weird...and yes, I have no issues in accepting this fact as well. I cry a lot... (Lot more than Rupali Ganguly perhaps) or sometimes I can go on laughing (More than our very own Siddhu paaji)... I sing real loud (Louder than Mudvayne)... I play like a kid doing weird stuff (Weirder than the kid in the movie 'Home Alone')... I go for a walk alone... and see all those underprivileged people in my neighbourhood, just to get a feeling that my life ain't that big a trouble.
All of you (those who read me) are my well-wishers, I truly agree. But you know what guys, sometimes I want you to let me be me here and write what I feel. I don't want that shoulder sometimes which would re instigate that feeling in me that yes, my life is a pool of *&%@. Instead, I want you to tell me how did you find my write up to be. Was it good, average or bad! :)


When I celebrated my 100th, a few people felt that I should redo it. But, if I am not writing here about what I am actually feeling, then this is not MY UTOPIA. We generally tend to write, say and do things that are socially acceptable. But guys, this is my space, isn't it? I have all the right to be ME here. If I am low, you would be able to see how weak I can get... and if I am strong, then you would know how strong I am.


Al right, without much of deviation from the main story, lets get back to business. :P
In my previous post I talked about the phase when one feels low. And with this post, I bring to light the things one generally does to get out of that phase.
Some people go shopping...an expensive one at that to get their mind off the thing that is bothering them. Some people fall into the 'cry and crib' category...they just cry their heart out. Some people just get into a nutshell...they go into hibernation (try it out, its good). I sing... I sing real loud and sensible too... one song that can get me back into form is 'Yeh Honsla' from the movie Dor...


Raah Pe Kante Bikhre agar,

Uspe to phir bhi chalna hi hai,
Shaam Chhupale Suraj magar,
Raat ko ek din Dhalna hi hai,

Rut ye tal jayegi,
Himmat rang layegi,
Subha phir aayegi.

Whenever I listen to this song, I feel that nothing is impossible! :)

Trust me guys, there is nothing that you can't do. And as Will Smith says to his son in the movie The Pursuit of Happiness, DON'T LET ANYONE TELL YOU WHAT YOU CAN'T DO. NOT EVEN ME!

You have it in you to do anything and everything you want to do. Best things are always for you. You are the blessed one. Just believe in this!

Stay Happy! Stay Blessed!


9 comments:

Meow said...

Beautiful! Agree with your points of expressing yourself in YOUR space! I've always felt that and done that... Btw, when I am low, I go for a lone walk, hear music till it hurts ma ears, scribble on the paper or write a blog!

Your write up is "Excellent" da :)

parzi said...

hey Nyx....
firstly u are absolutely right...this is your space...ur area to pen down ur heart without any guards n without being conscious of putting up socially desirable thoughts...be yourself..n we all love u for what u are...n i personally love ur honest and straight from the heart posts!
coming to the low side...i can so identify with all that you do..coz i pretty much do the same..especially the walks!
whatever way u vent out...the important thing is you emerge strong out of a low phase n u can do it...just as u did here today..began on a low note and ended with beautiful lines of a fighter...thats the spirit!
i dont know whats bothering you...just hope n pray that you come back to your cheerful self soon!
take care dear!
god bless!

SiMbA tAgO said...

what a sheer brilliance in thought ... i loved the post .. so much heart in it ... wow .. lovely ...

great ...

and yeah as u said... wen m low... i go on a hibernation ... it does work .. work like neva worried .... thaksn

SiMbA tAgO said...

what a sheer brilliance in thought ... i loved the post .. so much heart in it ... wow .. lovely ...

great ...

and yeah as u said... wen m low... i go on a hibernation ... it does work .. work like neva worried .... thaksn

Amal Bose said...

nice write up... :)
coz of the last part of the second para, im just stopping here.. ;)
n ya.. the quote from The Pursuit of Happyness is what everyone needs to be reminded of..
take care :)
good day

Anonymous said...

you wanna be urself? i'm all for it dear!! u r best at being yourself :) and be like that here in your utopia too :)

u sing when u feel low? thats awesome. nice song to sing too.. i usually get my friends to talk to me when i m low... friends like you always manage to cheer me up!! :)

keep at it!! Nyx continues with a heart felt writeup! :)

Anonymous said...

yes u are right nothing is impossible
and ha dusaro ki suno par karo khud ki.....tumhare pass kafi talent hain
mujhe nahi lagta k tumahe kisi k liye badalna chahiye
life ek sikke ki tarah hain ek taraf khushi ro dusari taraf gam
so just enjoy every moment of life
because "jo hota hain acche ke liye hota hain"
and "apane man ki ho to bahut badhia and na ho to aur badhia
kyonki tab jo hoga vo bhagwan ki marji se hoga"

tc

h said...

ur writing is lucid..that makes it a pleasure to read..but nowadays ur blog looks like a self help book :P

not denying that it is highly useful.

you are not telling the world about the most surest way to get the happy feeling :P

of course some people react otherwise as u and I know :P :P

ani_aset said...

totally agree..this is your canvas..and you should paint it in whichever colour you want :)