October 16, 2009

What My Pet Can Do For Me...

I own a Dachshund... her name is Ginger, and I am sure you want to see her... so there you go!



Basically, this is a super random post, and you can guess that by the topic, can't you? Ha ha...
Why I am writing this is because I feel that all of us need a pet! Yes, you heard it right. You think you don't? You are wrong. I know many of you would be scared of pets...cats, dogs or whatever! I was the very same. I was terrified whenever my brother's dog landed on my lap. I would always end up screaming like an idiot. Lol. Sometimes it so happened that deliberately, to make me scream, my brother would suddenly lift his dog and put it on my lap. Hah, what stupidity. A few years later, my brother's bitch gave birth to puppies, and I gathered guts to lift them for the first time. Needless to say, I was super nervous. With time, I picked them up with ease, started playing with them. The matter of surprise was that I brought one home. We named her Ginger. :)


The day I started raising her up, all my notions changed. Now, I just love dogs. Yes, it is me who is saying this. We have heard people saying that dogs are very trustworthy. They surely are. Those little things they do can just take off all the worries that are inside you. They have that in them! Once we had to go on a vacation. Ginger knew it that we were going and she so wanted us to stay back...and guess what she did... this -

She ran and got onto the bag and sat there for almost half an hour... barking at everyone whosoever was coming to pick her up from there! Sweet.


My mom says that she is my younger sister, damn. That get my nerves ticking I tell you! But, when I don't see her for a day, it feels incomplete. She is now a part of my family. Sometimes when she does something wrong and she knows that she'll be scolded for it, she just runs under the sofa and does not come out from there till the evening. She is really damn intelligent.


Each one of you need a pet. Know why? Simple, because all of us are tensed one way or the other. We do different stuff to ward off our tensions... watch tv, play games, talk to a friend... But if you watch closely, except for talking to a friend, every other thing just aggravates our tensions. We tend to watch television, but all that idiot box provides us is some scene that we can relate to and end up feeling pathetic. Since the day I have Ginger with me, it has never been that difficult. The way she behaves, the way she does all those little cute things can just get me smiling at any time of the day.


So, that is just about it. I feel having a pet is quite essential and I am glad, I have one... or should I say... THE CUTEST ONE!


15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!!! What a cutie she is, Artz!! Ginger sounds just the right name for her! :)

Yeah, a pet would be wonderful.. but unfortunately, my parents don't agree...

Your younger sister? :D that got my nerves tickling too!! :) Hehehee...

You do have the cutest one perhaps!! :)

Naina said...

I am getting a pet too... very sooooooon.. :P

Rane

parzi said...

heyyyy atrz....
that was a super adorable post...ur little is really cute....and if she gives u comfort...then what else can u ask for ....n maybe its true..pets..are fun to be with...honestly i am really scared of keeping pets...but ur post somewhere changes my opinion...maybe sometime..ahmmm..lets c...haha...
anyway...u continue staying happy....
take care!
god bless!

PS the Pratsie said...

maybe u r right .. but i jst dnt feel ready yet for a pet .. :)

KParthasarathi said...

A nice read :)

Anonymous said...

Awwww!! Cute Ginger!

But, yeah I am still scared of cats and dogs.. lol.. It's okay, I already have a pet named Ziyaad, u know that :P *winks* hehe..

Meow said...

I am scared of dog... even if someone writes a post on it :D "Dogophobic" gal I am..

Have a nice time with your "Ginger" and she is your younger sister???? :O I am scared of YOU now :O

KParthasarathi said...

Aarthi, I wish I share your delight in playing with your pet dog but I am scared of them. I like to see them from a distance and under tight leash
Have a funfilled Deepavali

Nyx said...

@ Vinu,

Yes, a cutie she is! :D

Nyx said...

@ Rane,

That is a good news! :) Do let us know when you have one. :)

Nyx said...

@ Parzi,

Yes sweetheart, pets are surely fun to be with. :D

Nyx said...

@ PS,

Take your time sissy! ;)

Nyx said...

@ Nuchu,

Yea baby, I know that super adorable pet! ;)

Have fun taking care of him... :D

Nyx said...

@ Thatha,

Thanks! :)

Anurag said...

that's such an aww post...yeah I kinda agree..but as leo ..my parents also won't agree..I am still petrified of them though... :P