August 13, 2009

Drugs, again!

Hey Guys,

In my last post I spoke to you about the 'drugs' thing...

I have been following the series 90210 on Star World for quite some time and I am completely in love with it...
Its about the life at Beverly Hills... the different follies of the youngsters and how they give in to different practices...

When I wrote about Adriana in my fiction, I had Adriana from 90210 in mind... she gave in to drugs because of her mom's crazy nature. Trust me... yesterday when I saw 90210...it was a shock! The drug busting racket hits the Beverly Hills...and Adriana who always carried drugs in her lipstick box... starts crying in front of Naomi, her friend.
Naomi saves Adriana but lands up in trouble herself when the police finds her flushing out all the white powder! Naomi is called for a trial...and she somehow talks to Adriana and convinces her to come to the investigation in the evening and confess that the drugs were hers!

Adriana goes back home...sees her mom talking about how Adriana's recent achievement (bagging a movie role) will solve all their problems... Adriana was there to speak to her mom about her drugs issue.

The last scene shows Adriana dead! Dead...because she had gone so weak mentally...she didn't know what to do... she failed to understand what was right for her... she feared hurting her mom's expectations and ruining her mom's happiness and her life!

I hated it!

I don't know the reason behind me writing and researching so much about weeds, drugs and stuff... guess what...am reading a book by Karan Bajaj...titled 'Keep Off The Grass.'

But this issue...I really want to propagate more about this! I will be talking more about all this very soon...

5 comments:

Arun Kumar said...

hmmmm... i thot 90210 was just some cheesy series abt beverly life... never knew mature themes lke these were handled... will have a look at it...
but if u want to experience the real effect of drugs... see the movie.. Requiem for a Dream

Arv said...

Certainly... its a message that needs to be replayed again and again to most of the youth...

take care mate...

cheers...

Meow said...

Very good Artz :) This is the way to go.. keep going :) All the very best.. I'll also join you :)

h said...

Adding to arun, see
trainspotter
blow

and also read
My Life with Doors
-Ray Manzarek. :)

and you can't talk too much about weed without really going on the other side. maybe there is something more to the other side of the story of doo. :)

ani_aset said...

i loved ur last post on this issue..will wait for more posts on this topic